Thursday, January 9, 2020

I was



explaining to someone the other day
that the NFL playoff games this weekend, "the division round" 
have historically been some of the best games in years past.

"Well maybe you'll have to stay and watch them and not be able to go Saturday."
Was the mumbling heard underneath their breath.

"Thats a nice suit.
I bet its expensive."

"Hey, did you hear me?"

"I Didn't see it, I wasn't watching."

"Oh?
You mean that suit?"

"Yeah, I bet it's expensive.
I guess it's okay
if you can afford it."

Why the fuck care?
About somebody's expensive suit?
Why bring it up?
Now?
Why do people care?
Where you work?
 Or what you do?
 Or how much money you make?
Why does any of it matter to them?

Unless your shattering their illusions?
Making them feel small, insecure, and insignificant in the process?

Sad really.




No comments: