Tuesday, January 28, 2020

So


Job 30:20-22 

“I cry out to you, God, but you do not answer;
    I stand up, but you merely look at me.
You turn on me ruthlessly;
    with the might of your hand you attack me.
You snatch me up and drive me before the wind;
    you toss me about in the storm.

Near the end of his affliction Job is finally starting to whine and complain.

Heres some highlights :-).
Gods response.
This is why you don't question Gods plans.

Job 38-42 

The Lord Speaks

Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

“Who is this that obscures my plans
    with words without knowledge?
Brace yourself like a man;
    I will question you,
    and you shall answer me.
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
    Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Opps is probably what Job is thinking already.

“Have you ever given orders to the morning,
    or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges
    and shake the wicked out of it?

“Can you raise your voice to the clouds
    and cover yourself with a flood of water?
Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
    Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?

“Would you discredit my justice?
    Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
    or tie down its tongue with a rope?

Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
    Everything under heaven belongs to me.

Good stuff.
:-).
Love it.

No comments: