Monday, June 19, 2023

Had too :-).


 They know why :-).





Four hundred years 

four hundred years, 

four hundred years,

 wo-o-o-o)


And it's the same

The same (wo-o-o-o) philosophy

I've said it's four hundred years

(Four hundred years, four hundred years, wo-o-o-o, wo-o-o-o)

Look, how long (wo-o-o-o)

And the people they (wo-o-o-o) still can't see

Why do they fight against the poor youth of today?

And without these youths, they would be gone

All gone astray


Come on, let's make a move

(Make a move, make a move, wo-o-o-o, wo-o-o-o)

I can (wo-o-o-o) see time (wo-o-o-o) time has come

And if-a fools don't see

(Fools don't see, fools don't see, Wo-o-o-o)

I can't save the youth

The youth (wo-o-o-o) is gonna be strong

So, won't you come with me

I'll take you to a land of liberty

Where we can live, live a good, good life

And be free


Look how long four hundred years (four hundred years, four hundred years)

Way too long! (wo-o-o-o)

That's the reason my people (wo-o-o-o) my people can't see

Said, it's four hundred long years (four hundred years, four hundred years. wo-o-o-o)

Give me patience (wo-o-o-o) same philosophy


It's been four hundred years (four hundred years, four hundred years)

Wait so long! wo-o-o-o, wo-o-o-o

How long? Four hundred long, long years




This is a song of Rastafarian rebellion. 


There are references to 

the Biblical period of 400 years, 


of colonialism, 


of exile and slavery. 


Now it is about to end. 

The singer is calling 

for revolution and liberty.


It's about to end alright...

No comments: