Saturday, October 21, 2023

A wrinkle in time quotes pt3

 




"I have been waiting for you, my dears," the man said. His voice was kind and gentle, not at all the cold and frightening voice Meg had expected. It took her a moment to realize that though the voice came from the man, he had not opened his mouth or moved his lips at all, that no real words had been spoken to fall upon her ears, that he had somehow communicated directly into their brains."


His eyes were bright and had a reddish glow. Above his head was a light, and it glowed in the same manner as the eyes, pulsing, throbbing, in steady rhythm.

Charles Wallace shut his eyes tightly. "Close your eyes, he said to Meg and Calvin. "Don't look at the light. Don't look at his eyes. He'll hypnotize you."

"Clever, aren't you? Focusing your eyes would, of course, help," the soothing voice went on, "but there are other ways, my little man. Oh, yes, there are other ways."


"Now, my dears," the words continued, "I shall of course have no need of recourse to violence, but I thought perhaps it would save you pain if I showed you at once that it would do you no good to try to oppose me. You see, what you will soon realize is that there is no need to fight me. Not only is there no need, but you will not have the slightest desire to do so. For why should you wish to fight someone who is here only to save you pain and trouble? 

(Reminded me of AIAC

Artificial Intelligence Antichrist.)

For you, as well as for the rest of all the happy, useful people on this planet, I  am willing to assume all the pain, all the responsibility, all the burdens of thought and decision." in my own strength, 

"We will make our own decisions, thank you," Charles Wallace said.


""What's wrong, Meg?" Charles Wal- lace asked. "Why are you being so belligerent and uncooperative?" The voice was Charles Wallace's voice, and yet it was different, too, somehow flattened out, almost as a voice might have sounded on the two-dimensional planet. Meg grabbed wildly at Calvin, shrieking, "That isn't Charles! Charles is gone!"


( I couldn't describe what I have experienced multiple times any better.

It's the person, it's their voice.

But you can just tell something is different about them.

As though a different entity was using them to speak through.)



"It is not necessary for you to know who I am. I am the Prime Coordinator, that is all you need to know."

(Evil, AI, Antichrist etc...)


"But you're being spoken through, aren't you, just like Charles Wallace? Are you hypnotized, too?"

"I told you that was too primitive a word, without the correct connotations."

"Is it you who are going to take us to Mr. Murry?"

"No. It is not necessary, nor is it possible, for me to leave here. Charles Wallace will conduct you."

"Charles Wallace?"


"I've got to be brave, she said to herself. I will be."


(Revelation 21:8

"But to the cowardly 

and unbelieving 

and abominable 

and murderers 

and sexually immoral 

and sorcerers 

and idolaters 

and all liars, 

their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. 

This is the second death.”)



"Father? What is a father?" Charles Wallace intoned. "Merely another misconception. If you feel the need of a father, then I would suggest that you turn to IT."

IT again.

"Who's this IT?" Meg asked.

(This is before Information Technonolgy ever came on the scene in the form as we understand it today. 1963. What are we lacking in our culture right now? What have we said just isnt necessary anymore?

Fathers.

Either in the real sense.

Or in the heavenly sense.

"Merely another misconception. If you feel the need of a father, then I would suggest that you turn to IT."


"All in good time," Charles Wallace said. "You're not ready for IT yet. First of all I will tell you something about this beautiful, enlightened planet of Camazotz." His voice took on the dry, pedantic tones of Mr. Jenkins. "Perhaps you do not realize that on Camazotz we have conquered all illness, all deformity-"

"We ?" Calvin interrupted.

Charles continued as though he had not heard. And of course he hadn't, Meg thought. "We let no one suffer. It is so much kinder simply to annihilate anyone who is ill. Nobody has weeks and weeks of runny noses and sore throats. Rather than endure such discomfort they are simply put to sleep." 

"You mean or that they're murdered? while they have a cold,"  "Murder is a most primitive word," Charles Wallace said.

"There is no such thing as murder on Camazotz. 

IT 

(Evil)

takes care of all such things." 



"That's s-a-d-i-s-t, not s-a-d-d-e-s-t, you know," Charles Wallace said, and giggled again. "Lots of people don't pronounce it correctly."

"Well, I don't care," Meg said defiantly. "I don't ever want to see IT, and that's that."


"Charles Wallace's strange, monotonous voice ground against her ears. "Meg, you're supposed to have some mind. Why do you think we have wars at home? Why do you think people get confused and unhappy? Because they all live their own, separate, individual lives. I've been trying to explain to you in the simplest possible way that on Camazotz individuals have been done away with. Camazotz is ONE mind. It's IT. And that's why everybody's so happy and efficient. That's what old witches like Mrs. Whatsit don't want to have happen at home."


(AI, Hive mind)

"She's not a witch," Meg interrupted.

"No?"

"No," Calvin said. "You know she's not. You know that's just their game. Their way, maybe, of laughing in the dark." "In the dark is correct," Charles continued. "They want us to go on being confused instead of properly organized."

(Divide and conquer ring a bell?)


Meg shook her head violently. "No!" she shouted. "I know our world isn't perfect, Charles, but it's better than this. This isn't the only alternative! It can't be!"

"Nobody suffers here," Charles intoned. 

"Nobody is ever unhappy."

"But nobody's ever happy, either," 

Meg said earnestly. 

"Maybe if you aren't unhappy sometimes 

you don't know how to be happy. 

Calvin, I want to go home."


("Strikes and gutters, ups and downs."

:-).

).


"I can see you don't really want to save Father."
"How will my being a zombie save Father?"
"You will just have to take my word for it, Margaret," came the cold, flat voice from Charles Wallace. "IT wants you and IT will get you. Don't forget that I, too, am part of IT, now. You know I wouldn't have done IT if IT weren't the right thing to do."




No comments: