Tuesday, October 17, 2023

A wrinkle in Time quotes.

 


I finally finished it :-).




Never thought I'd see the day it would take me months
 to finish a 200 page children's book lol.

I dont have the time to read what I want to for my own enjoyment these days, 
much less read anything anybody else thinks I should.

TRUTH.

"Combining theology, fantasy, and science, it is the story of travel through space and time to battle a cosmic evil. With their neighbor Calvin O'Keefe, young Meg Murry and her brother Charles Wallace embark on a cosmic journey to find their lost father, a scientist studying time travel."

Right up my alley.

Originally Published in 1963.
The year before I was born.


"You mean you read our minds?"
Charles Wallace looked troubled. "I don't think it's that. 
It's being able to understand a sort of language, 
like some- times if I concentrate very hard 
I can understand the wind talking with the trees. 
You tell me, you see, sort of inadvertently."

("You can hear his music if you listen to the wind"

Whay do you think I was doing all those years 

just sitting on my porch?

Okay besides that lol.)


"Again Meg's pencil was busy. "All you have to remember is that every ordinary fraction can be converted into an in- finite periodic decimal fraction. See? So 3/7 is 0.428571."

"This is the craziest family." Calvin grinned at her."


"What's a megaparsec?" Calvin asked.

"One of Father's nicknames for me," Meg said. "It's also 3.26 million light years."

"What's E=mc2?"

"Einstein's equation."

"What's E stand for?"

"Energy."

"m?"

"Mass."

"The square of the velocity of light in centimeters per

second."



"Do you think things always have an explanation?" "Yes. I believe that they do. But I think that with our human limitations we're not always able to understand the explanations. But you see, Meg, just because we don't understand doesn't mean that the explanation doesn't exist.

"I like to understand things," Meg said. "We all do. But it isn't always possible." "Charles Wallace understands more than the rest of us, doesn't he?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I suppose because he's-well, because he's different, Meg."

"Different how?" "I'm not quite sure. You know yourself he's not like anybody else."

"No. And I wouldn't want him to be," Meg said defensively.

"Wanting doesn't have anything to do with it. Charles Wallace is what he is. Different. New."

"New?" "Yes. That's what your father and I feel."



"I know." "But Charles Wallace doesn't look different from any- body else."

"No, Meg, but people are more than just the way they look. Charles Wallace's difference isn't physical. It's in essence.

Meg sighed heavily, took off her glasses and twirled them, put them back on again. "Well, I know Charles Wallace is different, and I know he's something more. I I'll just have to accept it without understanding it." Mrs. Murry smiled at her. "Maybe that's really the point I was trying to put across." "Yah," Meg said dubiously.

Her mother smiled again. "Maybe that's why our visitor last night didn't surprise me. Maybe that's why I'm able to have a-a willing suspension of disbelief. Because of Charles Wallace."


(That is exactly what people need to have today:

"a willing suspension of disbelief."

Just because you cant believe what is taking place right in front of your eyes?

Doesn't mean it's not happening, Turkey, Hamas etc...)


Finxerunt animi, raro et perpauca loquentis," 

Mrs. Who intoned. "Horace. To action little, less to words inclined."


"Anndd wee mussttn'tt looose ourr sensses of hummorr," Mrs. Which said. "Thee onnlly wway ttoo ccope withh ssometthingg ddeadly sseriouss iss ttoo ttry ttoo treatt itt a llittlle lligghtly."


(Exactly what my friend said this AM.)


"Acyrou ouder, maura enrike xper. 

Euripides. Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything."

"Where are we now, and how did we get here?" Calvin asked.

"Uriel, the third planet of the star Malak in the spiral nebula Messier 101." 


(I about lost my shit when Uriel was mentioned here. "In the Apocalypse of Peter he (Uriel) appears as the angel of repentance, 

"who is graphically represented as being as pitiless as any demon."

He also holds the key to the Pit during the End Times, and led Abraham to the west.

I knew that before reading this book so when I came across it referenced here, it kinda resonated :-) lil bit...

This is why people get the Locust from the deep 

mixed up w being demonic:


"the angel of repentance, 

who is graphically represented 

as being as pitiless as any demon"


"He also holds the key to the Pit during the End Times"


"This I'm supposed to believe?" 

Calvin asked indignantly. "Aas yyou llike," Mrs. Which said coldly.



" Das Werk lobt den Meister. German. 

The work proves the craftsman."

(Truth, what more need be said?)


"Shall I transform now, too?" Mrs. Which shook her head. "Nnott yett. Nnott heere. Yyou mmay wwaitt."

"Now, don't be frightened, loves," Mrs. Whatsit said. Her plump little body began to shimmer, to quiver, to shift. The wild colors of her clothes became muted, whitened. The pudding-bag shape stretched, lengthened, merged. And suddenly before the children was a creature more beautiful than any Meg had even imagined, and the beauty lay in far more than the outward description. Outwardly Mrs. Whats- it was surely no longer a Mrs. Whatsit. She was a marble white body with powerful flanks, something like a horse but at the same time completely unlike a horse, for from the magnificently modeled back sprang a nobly formed torso, arms, and a head resembling a man's, but a man with a perfection of dignity and virtue, an exaltation of joy such as Meg had never before seen. No, she thought, it's not like a Greek centaur. Not in the least.

From the shoulders slowly a pair of wings unfolded, wings made of rainbows, of light upon water, of poetry.

Calvin fell to his knees. "No," Mrs. Whatsit said, though her voice was not Mrs. Whatsit's voice. "Not to me, Calvin. Never to me. Stand up."

(Revelation 22:8-9

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”)


"Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof. Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift their voice; let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. Let them give glory unto the Lord!"

(Revelation 14:3

And they sang a new song before the throne 

and before the four living creatures and the elders. 

No one could learn the song 

except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.)


"The Tesseract

(Whole reason I was reading the book to start with :-)

TY Pastor Bridgette.)

"My child, do not despair. Do you think we would have brought you here if there were no hope? We are asking you to do a difficult thing, but we are confident that you can do it. Your father needs help, he needs courage, and for his children he may be able to do what he cannot do for himself."


To be continued.

Plenty more to come :-)

Probably 5 more parts or so :-).










No comments: