Monday, October 23, 2023

From:

 


(Haven't agreed with much so far lol
First published 1991

But the point wasn't to agree or disagree with any particular viewpoint
but to become more informed of the different interpretations of Daniels 70 weeks
and to that extent?
Im enjoying soaking it all in.)


Submitted
For your consideration:

"Rousas John Rushdoony shared in his book, 

God's Plan for Victory,

(Published 1977)

"...a very sobering thought concerning differing doctrines of eschatology: Once we adopt a position, it has certain logical consequences and also very practical implications for our lives. 


If I believe that Christ will soon rapture me from this evil world, 

this will have a practical effect on my life very different from 


a belief that I shall see the world get worse and worse, 

and live through a fearful tribulation. 


Again, if I believe that the world will see the progressive triumph of Christ's people 

until the whole world is Christian and a glorious material and spiritual era unfolds, 

I shall be motivated very much differently. 


Thus we cannot hold that these differing doctrines of eschatology [the study of last things] are a matter of indifference. They make a very great difference in how we view the world and our work and future in it...

our view of the end, 

of eschatology, 

depends to a large measure 

on our view of the beginning, 

(The Prerequisite :-)

and of all history, 

and our doctrine of God and salvation."



Which one is more in line 

with what you see going on in our world?


A) "If I believe that Christ will soon rapture me from this evil world, 

this will have a practical effect on my life"


B) "I shall see the world get worse and worse, and live through a fearful tribulation"


C) "I believe that the world will see the progressive triumph of Christ's people until the whole world is Christian and a glorious material and spiritual era unfolds."


I know which one I'm going with.

It's the same as I was taught a long time ago.

I mean it ought to be pretty obvious by now 

which one of those three options is the more plausible scenario.



No comments: