Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Where ever could...

 
I talked with my attorney (Carol) on the way up here. She had just recently been in contact with Joanna's attorney who had recently had surgery. That is why I hadn't heard from Carol since the day I went to the dump.
 
The long and short of the story is Joanna is willing to sign over her parental rights if I forgive the past due child support ($750). It's a deal. Joanna gets stuck with the ER Bill :-). She should. She caused the mess to start with. No way I was ever going to pay a penny of the $1400 bill she racked up due to her own bull shit. I get to claim him on taxes for this year (which was to be her year to do so) as well. If she is no longer his parent she can no longer claim him on taxes :-). This is huge. In the past, years that I haven't been able to claim him have been a struggle. This is really good news for us :-). It's a good deal for Joanna as well, except that she looses her son. She was never a mother anyway. Lots of women give birth, doesn't make you a mom. Anyway, I understand her choice of paying (or not paying, her choice) the hospital bill that is just going to further damage her bad credit and to get rid of the bill that could potentially make her a convicted felon (the past due child support). It's understandable, cause it is exactly the direction I was going next until I spoke with Carol today.
 
Carol said not to say a thing to Nicholas. She doesn't want to get his hopes up and then have Joanna back out at the last minute. It's understandable. I told Carol that I had learned in the past that these things take time. Papers have to be drawn up, I have to sign, she has to sign, judge has to sign, all before my copy comes back to me. Anyway I told her that until my copy was with me, in my safe, in my house, I wouldn't say a thing. Carol understands this needs to be done before the end of the year.
 
Joanna had one condition, that she could write Nicholas a letter. I told her no, no way. Carol explained that the letter would come to her and that her and Nicholas attorney would sit down and explain things to him. I said as long as he is not forced to open an envelope and read what she has to say and you guys could just paraphrase whats said then I'm good. Carol explained that someone besides myself needed to explain thing to Nicholas. I said that's fine, I get that. She also said she really liked him a lot, that he was a lil twisted but not so much that he wasn't real likable and that all the really great people are a lil twisted anyway lol. Yep. lol.
 
It's a really really good day...we aren't there yet, but we are close, real, real close
 
Now, if I could just find a self-sufficient, professional, off the charts intelligent, beautiful woman to be my wife, and finally turn our house into a home, make it her own, such that it is a refuge from the world and add character and integrity to our lives instead of bringing drama,chaos and bull shit to it...
 
Where ever could she be Lucy?



No comments: