Tuesday, April 12, 2022

What a day Honey :-).

 


Boling Chapel UMC was great...




Pastor Bridgette did her usual superb job. Lunch was good, I went with the split pea and ham soup it was all good, etc...



We stopped by Patesville Baptist Church on the way back.





It's where my mom went to church when she was young.



I believe she was baptized in the creek that runs behind the church.





It may have been a pond but I'm fairly certain it was in that creek.





And right down the road is where some of my grandmothers folk are buried. Aunt Mary far right, Born 1858.


A lil further down the road is the old homestead. When we would come visit my grandmother and grandfather before they sold the farm and moved to Owensboro this is where we would come. My grandfather died before I started school so it had to be before I was 5 years old.



Not the same structure but its still in the same location. There was a well and an outhouse outback. Used the outhouse and drew water from the well. Promise...yup...I also remember pulling a chair up to a boiling pot in the kitchen and taking the lid off and seeing boiling pigs feet :-). Promise...Im a 5 year old (or there abouts) boy from the suburbs :-). I think people can pretty much figure my reaction when I saw them :-).



Thats still the same old barn. I remember the day of the auction when they sold everything. I remember all the cars and all the people...and I remember mom making a big deal out of taking the dinner bell back home with us and dad setting it on a post in concrete in the back yard. If I was outside playing afterschool and I heard that bell? I'd better be home lickity-split.


Not a half mile down the way? You cant make this stuff up...One on my buddy's friends and her husband live :-).  So we stopped by there too...




The love Shaq...OMG...Classic...


My kinda joint...yup.















It was a lot to take in all in a few hours. Still just trying to kinda digest it all etc...

Wished you were with me the whole time...
Really did.
Well ride out to the love Shaq some day...
It will be great.


I love you baby.
I just wanted you to see some of my day.






No comments: