Monday, May 15, 2023

Guy

 


has my vote.


Hey, 

just because I really dont think it matters who pilots the turd down the commode?

Doesn't mean I dont/wont do my civic duty to participate in the process.



(My son sent it to me :-)


It doesn't matter to me that he wont be able to do what he says he wants to.

At least he is saying the things that people need to hear.

And just because you dont/didn't know about 

our policies in 

Central/South America 

that led us to where we are today?

Doesn't mean they didn't exist.





"International Terrorism and the CIA"
(Top shelf far right)




"The real terror network"
(Sandwiched in-between 
"Full Moon and 
"The Heart of Rock and Soul.")


I've read, and have been in possession of both of those books since the mid to late 80's. (99 is given as the date of publication for "The real terror network" but I know there was an earlier eddition so I'll have to check it and see when it was first published.)


Both books go into great detail about:


"US funded dictators"

"Juntas"

"Paramilitaries"

and 

"Death squads"

Particularly in Central and South America.



So yeah:




Didn't really say anything that some of us didn't already know.


And it's been going on since well before I ever found out about it.





"Major General Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed the Maverick Marine, was a senior United States Marine Corps officer. During his 34-year career, he fought in the Philippine–American War, the Boxer Rebellion, the Mexican Revolution, and World War I. At the time of his death, Butler was the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. By the end of his career, Butler had received sixteen medals, including five for heroism; he is the only Marine to be awarded the Brevet Medal as well as two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

"In 1933, he became involved in a controversy known as the Business Plot, when he told a congressional committee that a group of wealthy industrialists were planning a military coup to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt, with Butler selected to lead a march of veterans to become dictator, similar to fascist regimes at that time. The individuals involved all denied the existence of a plot, and the media ridiculed the allegations, but a final report by a special House of Representatives Committee confirmed some of Butler's testimony."

Butler later became an outspoken critic of American wars and their consequences. In 1935, Butler wrote the book War Is a Racket, where he exposed the imperialist motivations of U.S. foreign policy and wars (such as those in which he had been involved). After retiring from service, he became a popular advocate, speaking at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists, and church groups in the 1930s."



I told my son:

"Ive been hearing about how
were gonna fix immigration 
and gun violence 
for well over 40 years now. 
Excuse me if I dont think we ever will."


Doesn't mean I wont participate in the process however :-).



Some of the rest of the "library"
(The part that is displayed anyway :-)
Some of it is still in a tote 
waiting for a new home:-).







RACISM

MASS SHOOTING

IMMIGRATION



Wash rinse repeat over and over
and you have your diversions lined up for you.






No comments: