Tuesday, May 30, 2023

My friend

 


has a neighbor lol.


My friend pointed out to her neighbor:


"The book says it was gonna dry up and it did!"


Revelation 16:12


And the sixth angel 

poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; 

and the water thereof was dried up, 

that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.



Yeah...exactly...

another 

"fad" 

I am sure :-).


Anyway(s)

:-).

Always love saying that :-).


My friends said

her neighbor stated:


"Well how do you know thats true?

Have you been there and seen it?"


(This is why I live in a garage 

and just choose 

to not deal with very many people BTW.) 


I told my friend to ask her neighbor:


"Have you been to Fordsville lately?

Then how do you know it's still there?"


It is 100%

the same exact logic.


You see?

God gave us a 

rational, 

logical, 

intellect.

(Because he has one.)



Period.


Inference 

("A conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning. The process of inferring something.)


and 

deduction?

 ("The inference of particular instances by reference to a general law or principle.)


Kinda come with the package.

How you choose to use/develop them?

Thats on you.

But they were given to you.


One can infer, that living this close to a city or town (in this case Fordsville, KY) if something drastic was to have happened to it and it wasn't there any longer? Given the amount of people that live nearby and travel through it everyday? Somebody would have mentioned it and word would have gotten out that Fordsville isnt there any more. The fact that my friends neighbor lives not all that far from Fordsville also lends credence to the fact that it is still there (without having to drive there to prove it). If something so drastic were to have happened to it to wipe it off the earth? One could reasonably infer they would have seen, heard about it etc.


Likewise with this example of the

 Euphrates River drying up.

I can infer 

that in my 58 years of living?

The climate has changed and is changing.

The transitional seasons of spring and fall are steadily disappearing.

It's warmer earlier and later 

than it used to be just a few short decades ago.


I dont need a climatologist to tell me, 

I can see it happening right in front of me.


Also?

it wasnt just the 

Euphrates that dried up but also:


The Danube in Europe.

The Colorado in the US.

The Yangtze in China etc.


So one can REASONABLY infer

The Euphrates is dried/drying up without ever having been there.


I mean is the sun coming up tomorrow?

Whats your best guess?

It disappears every night, 

so how do you know?


"Deduction"


 "The inference 

of particular instances 

by reference 

to a general law or principle."


I just can not do 

7th grade arguments 

with adults any longer.

I just cant.

Good thing the garage is cozy these days

and my friend likes my company :-).


"The simple minded

And the ill informed

Can be easily led astray

And those that cannot connect the dots

Hey look the other way

People believe what they want to believe

When it makes no sense at all

And I wish you all along the sideline

The strength to


Walk tall

Yeah walk on

Through this world

Walk tall"




"So be careful in what you believe in

There's plenty to get you confused

And in this land called paradise

You must walk in many men's shoes

Bigotry and hatred are enemies to us all

Grace, mercy and forgiveness

Will help a man walk tall"








No comments: