Saturday, September 21, 2013

I think...

 
I think about you all the time Virgie.
Your always on my mind.
Your the last thing I'm thinking about before I go to bed,
and the first thing I am thinking of when I wake up.
I don't need to prove it to you.
You know it's true.
I've shown you so.
I know were coming up on a year since you left Kindred.
I don't know why you thought I would ever let you get a way.
We may not have seen or talked to each other.
But what I feel for you continues to grow in my heart everyday.
You're the only one I could ever be content with.
Your exactly what I prayed would enter my life.
Anybody else and I would just wish they were you.
I know you feel the same way.
You don't have to tell me, I know.
I can't help it how things happened.
I have no rational explanation, if people haven't lived it,
well, there's just no way they could ever understand it.
To expect friends or family to understand something they haven't lived through?
Well, that's just unrealistic.
 
Had breakfast with David Lash and a bunch of friends this AM.
They came in from Bosie.
He has found the love of his life.
She's wonderful.
They met on line through mutual friends and fell in love.
Two months later he moves to Bosie.
Thery're happy as can be.
She's white, cathloic.
He's black, Jewish.
You think love cares about such things?
I assure you it doesn't.
Their souls mesh, (like another couple I know) it's just obvious as day.
Tom was there.
Tom was the older bald security Guard that worked at Kindred with David.
Guy is like 84 years old and a riot.
Was an HR Director at some company in Louisville.
He was really glad to see me, made me feel great.
What a great group of people to be with this AM.
Tom saw you in the lobby one day when I was standing at the front desk talking to him.
He looked at me and with eyes as big as half dollars said "Who is that?"
I said "Remember that story I told you about busting that young lady in the parking garage?"
He said "Yeah". I said, "That's her". He said, "Oh My!". I said "Exactly!".
I'll never forget the look on his face or his mannerisms when he said the following:
"Be patient, be patient, it will be worth it".
I told him this moring that I had never forgotten what he said, and that I was still following his advice.
He said "It's what it's all about".
Indeed, it is.
 
Virgie,
if I never heard a word about your past and what you been through
it wouldn't bother me a bit.
The only thing that matters about your past to me is
it made you who you are today for us.
That's it, nothing else about it really matters.
 
I love you Virgie.
I want us to be husband and wife.
Soon.
Live a quiet life out in the country.
Have fun working on the house together.
Getting things how you want them to be so that you feel like it's your home.
Cause it is.
I wanna work that garden together.
Go and do the coolest shit ever.
With the most beautiful
amazing,
funny,
creative,
intelligent,
woman
I have ever met.
Why wouldn't I want this?
 
This is my dream,
This is what I will work hard for
all day,
everyday,
for the rest of my days.
 
It's never even seemed like work.
It just always seemed to be what I should be doing.
For me, for you, and for Nich.
It's how I know it's right.
 
I'll let you cry now...
 
Peace Dingleberry, Love you.

No comments: