Thursday, January 27, 2022

Feels...


last night...


"One Step Up"





Woke up this morning, the house was cold

Checked out the furnace, she wasn't burnin'

Went out and hopped in my old Ford

Hit the engine but she ain't turnin'

We've given each other some hard lessons lately

But we ain't learnin'

We're the same sad story, that's a fact

One step up and two steps back


Bird on a wire outside my motel room

But he ain't singin'

Girl in white outside a church in June

But the church bells, they ain't ringing

I'm sittin' here in this bar tonight

But all I'm thinkin' is

I'm the same old story, same old act

One step up and two steps back


It's the same thing night on night

Who's wrong, baby? Who's right?

Another fight and I slam the door on

Another battle in our dirty little war

When I look at myself I don't see

The man I wanted to be

Somewhere along the line I slipped off track

I'm caught movin' one step up and two steps back


There's a girl across the bar

I get the message she's sendin'

Mmm she ain't lookin' too married

And me, well, honey I'm pretending

Last night I dreamed I held you in my arms

The music was never-ending

We danced as the evening sky faded to black

One step up and two steps back

One step up and two steps back

One step up and two steps back


Just gets tiring taking steps backwards all the time...

I told you a while back...

The very thing people love about me, strong faith etc...are the things that drive me the most nuts...

I'm not sad honey, I know whats up and all is going to be okay etc...


And, "Checked out the furnace, she wasn't burnin'", what furnace :-)?

And, the Nissan will turn over 

"Went out and hopped in my old Ford

Hit the engine but she ain't turnin'"

Just not enough gas to go anywhere...which my intuition/discernment seems to say is be by design :-)

"And me, well, honey I'm pretending..."

Been pretending you're my wife from the day I met you honey :-)

"Last night I dreamed I held you in my arms

The music was never-ending...'

I imagined I was tucking you in bed the other night, I was gonna stay up and work on some things :-). Billie Holiday was playing softly in the background :-). You were smiling :-).

Just...wanted to hear this song last night and didn't have it in my collection. I know, hard to believe I didnt have a Springsteen song in my collection :-). Not his greatest record, follow up to Born in the USA etc...

We will slow dance to it...promise...

I love you honey, tell everybody I said thx for all what they are doing and have done :-). Crew, New Chapel church members, Buddy, his wife etc...

Sorry Im such a grumbeler and not a very good servant at times...Emotions just way intense RN.


I told everyone a while back, the two most powerful people on the face of the earth since the Old Testament times are about to join forces...

Sent here to fortify the faithful, announce the start of the end of an age, bring others into a wider tent (Isaiah 54) etc.

I'm so proud of my church family honey.

Pastor Bridgette and Sue really knocked it out of the park last Sunday.

So glad to be a church member with other forward looking/thinking "Kingdom people" who are more than willing to subjugate their will for Gods greater glory. They were my family when I didnt have one. Eternally grateful, always. And Brother Joe and Brother Brian and so many others along the way...

Rambelin I know...I just love you is all :-)

No comments: