Monday, January 24, 2022

I

 


miss you bad honey.

I woke up after the strangest dream.

"I  walked in the place where I was living (not my current residence) and there was water all over the floor in the hallway. (Interesting, water :-) Apparently the freezer had kicked off and defrosted. I walked through a door (Rev 3:7) and into what seemed to be a gymnasium and there you sat...with my mom...yeah I know, go figure right?

And she had a piece of paper and she said very scornfully, "This is a list of every woman you've ever dated and the times during which you dated them" and she went on to point at you and said, "This is the last one and I really don't like her" And I said, "I know you don't, I've always known you don't and I know you know I don't care what you think about it either, I am an old man and your approval is not needed or wanted" And she got up and walked out and you sat there legs crossed in your casual clothes and just smiled. And I asked how you were doing and you said "fine" butt not in that sarcastic womanly kinda "fine" but an honest to goodness I'm doing well kinda way and you had a smile about you that seemed to say, I'm as happy as I have ever been. And you told me something to the effect of, "I know you know I've been messing with you just to see if you'll ever leave me and you've proven to me that you won't...ever... I've tried more than I could ever imagine to run you off yet you still profess your  undying love for me, it's time we did something about that...:-)" Something along those lines, I'm paraphrasing, you know how it is when you wake up from a dream state and your thoughts are a lil disjointed etc. It was like we were in the YMCA recreation room with basketball hoops everywhere and a few folding chairs and we walked over to check out a basketball to play a few games of horse and as we were walking to the goal with our ball you bounced it off my butt and said, "I know you know I love you." And I just looked at you back, smiled and said "Yeah, I knew you did the second I saw you" and you blushed and we were both thinking its time we make it official and I woke up as rested and feeling better than I have in a very long time."

End of dream BTW :-)

I don't know what's going to much any more or when our miracle is gonna take place, (thinking that's a lil by design BTW:-) but I do know it's not an accident the floors at my lil country church are looking so beautiful and the telecom looks to be like they are running fiber in the front of the church as well.

I know I'm a handful as are you honey, I'm sorry I get so tired of crappy food and huddling by a space heater to stay warm when I go home for the evening, and I largely take out my frustrations on you via emails you dont bother to respond to, (not that I blame you :-) but I made a promise to you and to  myself, that I would do whatever it takes, however long it takes and I'm just not the kinda guy that breaks his promise, even if it kills me in the process. Lord knows I've died a few times already, count yesterday evening among them.


The preachers message

"A man on a mission"

 yesterday was on:

Luke 4:14-20

Jesus Rejected at Nazareth

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,

    because he has anointed me

    to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners

    and recovery of sight for the blind,

to set the oppressed free,

 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”


Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”


More than a few times I've sat at my church receiving the message and thought to myself, "How do you ministers know what is about to unfold here at this location in the very near future?" Not only the title of the message but even the Children's moment was on point as well. The Parable of the vineyard workers, God's not fair he's just, which I had to point out had been on my mind all week, ever since leaving church the Sunday before. In particular:

Matthew 20:15-16

Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’ “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

I told Pastor Bridgette after the sermon that I didn't just have 60 or so revelations :-) jotted down on four and a half legal pages to share with others from the Holy Ground that is New Chapel UMC but that those revelations were merely part of a six or seven part series, which have a six part introduction as well, part of which I shared last week with a message entitled "The evolution of a prayer", which kinda got things all out of order, puzzle pieces, go figure :-). I'm not even gonna bother getting started with the Widow at Zarephath, or Naaman the Syrian except to say they are included in the series.

I know I'm rambling, the point I'm trying to make is this: As Christians? we are called to be as Christlike as we possibly can. Those verses? (Luke 4:14-20)  are in a message I'll give with you by my side. Christ wasn't the least bit popular going into the temple at his hometown and proclaiming the prophecy in Isaiah as being fulfilled. In fact he was ran out of town for doing so. (See Luke 4: verses 28 and 29). These verses are included for a reason, Gods not gonna send you a miracle, (his messengers) to announce who they are and what the age is we are entering into without them announcing as such on Holy Ground. We will be reviled, rejected, persecuted and hated for doing so. My argument is simply this...were in great company. (see above)

ps I'm not going anywhere honey. I'll be right here to do what we need to do. You and your minions can rest easy about that, you could also make it a lil bit less stressful on me as well :-). It would be greatly appreciated.

I listened to a guys sermon last night I had downloaded sometime previous and he said, "Nothing on this earth can satisfy you once you've received him unto you." I wished people understood that, I really do. I'll probably walk into our home you've established for us just like in proverbs 31:10-31 and you'll be expecting me to be amazed by it all and I'll probably say something like, "It's really nice honey thank you so much...BTW, wheres the crapper?" Just try not to take it personal...wealth and material things just don't really impress me, never really have. And yes I know its a big reason you love me so.

I love you baby. So pack up a trunk full of Honey Birdette and Let's Go!

Meanwhile? Like I said last Sunday near the close of my message:

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done."

Not mine

I love you and I miss you bad, real bad, everyday since you left...years ago.

I'll die loving you, if thats what it takes to show the world my undying love for you.





No comments: