Tuesday, January 11, 2022

He's just got me comin and a goin

 


Well, he came from Northern Ireland

Searchin' for the free man's ground

And he came to bet his fortune

On a West Virginia plow


He built a house of timber

And raised a redhead son

Then they worked the land together

And prayed the rain would come


There's a scarecrow in the garden

That looks like Lucifer

And I've been readin' Revelations

With my bare feet in the river


Well, the readhead son got older

And took a brown eyed wife

And the fields were green as dollars

'Cause the dirt was black as night


I came in late September

The youngest one of three

And my sisters off and married

So the land was left to me


There's a scarecrow in the garden

That looks like Lucifer

And I've been readin' Revelations

With my bare feet in the river


I know every single fence post

Every rock to go around

I've been starin' at the red oak

Where I know they'll lay me down


The fields ain't what they once were

The rains just seem to flood

And I've been thinkin' 'bout that river

Wonderin' how it turns to blood


I've been sittin' here all mornin'

I was sittin' here all night

There's a Bible in my left hand

And a pistol in my right.




First of all it's, "the REVELATION of Jesus Christ", not Revelations. Singular, as in one.

Pretty obvious what this song is about. Relax. Aint me.

I see it a different way.


"And I've been thinkin' 'bout that river

Wonderin' how it turns to blood"


Revelation 11:6

They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

I already know my interpretation, have for a while, can't wait to share with everybody :-).

I love you honey.



No comments: