Friday, July 26, 2024

I had

an incident a few years back.


Ever since?

I have kept my Max Lucado 

"Facing your Giants" 

Perpetual calendar 


(Given to me by my Walk to Emmaus" sponsor)

They know who they are :-).

As do others.)


turned to the same page.


OCTOBER 7TH

IT MIGHT AS WELL BE CALLED:

STAY HUMBLE


" David" avid "sends" many times in [the Bathsheba] story [2 Samuel 11:2-27]. He sends Joab to battle (v. 1). He sends the servant to inquire about Bathsheba (v. 3). He sends for Bathsheba to have her come to him (v. 4). When David learns of her pregnancy, he sends word to Joab (v. 6) to send Uriah back to Jerusalem. David sends him to Bathsheba to rest, but Uriah is too noble. David opts to send Uriah back to a place in the battle where he is sure to be killed, Thinking his cover-up is complete, David sends for Bathsheba and marries her (v. 27). We don't like this sending, demanding David... What has happened to him? Simple. Altitude sickness. He's been too high too long. The thin air has messed with his senses.. He can't hear as he used to. He can't hear the warnings of the servant or the voice of his conscience. Nor can he hear his Lord.

OCTOBER 7


I just look at it sitting on my desk

and I know:


"Stay humble

its not you doing 

ANYTHING

it is 

the power of the almighty 

working through you,

accomplishing its aim."







No comments: