Monday, February 27, 2023

Habakkuk

 

 3:17-19


Though the fig tree does not bud

    and there are no grapes on the vines,

though the olive crop fails

    and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen

    and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

    I will be joyful in God my Savior.


The Sovereign Lord is my strength;

    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

    he enables me to tread on the heights.


For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.



Thats not staged.

Nothing was removed.

I got dry goods:

some rice and beans and oats 

so I'm good a week.


You gonna worship your savior in such conditions?

Or you gonna cuss him?

Which way do you even think you're gonna lean?


Job 2:9-10

His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!” He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.





Or?
 as Eddie Veeder says:


"I don't want to take what you can give...
I would rather starve than eat your bread..."




:42 - :49 
mark :-).


Or?

As Dylan and RATM said:

"Well, I wake up in the morning, fold my hands, and pray for rain
I got a head full of ideas, that are drivin' me insane"


"Well, he hands you a nickel, and he hands you a dime
And he asks you with a grin, if you're havin' a good time
Then he fines you every time
You slam the door"


"Well, he puts his cigar out in your face just for kicks"


"I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm, no more
No, I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm, no more
Well, I try my best to be just like I am
But everybody wants you to be just like them
They sing while they slave
And they just get bored
I ain't gonna work on, nah
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm, no more."





Etc., Etc., Etc.,...




No comments: