Monday, February 20, 2023

My Dear Sister

 

(In Christ)


First of all, 

I love you 

and I appreciate everything 

you've ever done for me 

Most of all? 

For giving me your time 

and your ear 

when I really needed it.

You never know you may have just saved a life :-)



However lol.

You knew there was a catch right?

:-).




I appreciate the concern :-) but fact is, 

I've been in worse situations and always managed to get squared back away. 

I think we could both agree that wasn't just my doing alone. 

I've had this particular conversation with...I believe three different preachers now? 

2x with one 

and the other two with two other individuals. 

So it goes a lil something like this:

The last time a preacher suggested I should find gainful employment?

I had two jobs in less than 24 hours

so I tend not to worry about things much 

when I've been in worse shape 

and been lifted out of it by the hand of the almighty.



"Thats the part I dont understand."

I'm gonna try and make it make sense to you and others, 

so from this point on I'm addressing everyone who ever wondered and not just my sister.


Have you ever had to earn the same $ 

more than once?


If so?

 Did you like it?

How long did you continue to do it?

A week?

Two weeks?

A month?

Two months?

A year?


How about close to seven years?

Sound fun?


"Earning your keep" so to speak with $ 

that you had already earned years ago?

And that was stewarded by someone you trust?

 For a day that you (and others) knew all along was coming?

They did quite the job at stewarding I might add.

Things kinda grew/multiplied grew exponentially.

(all that he does prospers...etc).


A good while back somebody was getting on to me about $ I owed an individual.

I told them I wasn't really all that worried about it, 

I knew where the $ was coming from 

and that they would be MORE than paid back when the day came.

I told people (as in two) in that household I used to reside in:


"I know where the $ is coming from

so I'm really not worried about it all that much TBH."


To which both people replied :


(at different times)

"How do you know?

Who told you?"


I said:


"Nobody told me, 

I just figured it out..."


I wish you could have seen the looks of disbelief,

the eye rolling, scoffing, mocking etc.


Then on Sunday?

These very same people go to worship a God

they say 

they believe 

can do anything. 

Apparently? 

It's a God that can do anything 

except anything with you Andrew etc.


So none of this is anything near new to me.

I've had these same conversations for years on end now.

("I dont give a d@*! 

for the same old played out scenes" 

the Springsteen song says.)


Quite frankly?

 I find these conversations boring.

They've been repetitive for years on end now.

Look around and you'll see your answer(s) right in front of you.


I wanna go back to this for a minute:


"How do you know?

Who told you?"


This is what gave it all away, 

it's not what was said 

but what wasn't said 

that confirmed 

what I already knew years before:


Neither party said:

"Thats not true!"


They both at different times said:


"How do you know?

Who told you?"


Indicating that what I already knew 

was true 

but that someone 

had to have told me.


Word of Knowledge

Word of wisdom

Prophecy

Discernment


It's pretty simple:

You'll either believe it or you wont.

Those just happen to be some of the spiritual gifts 

I was told to pray for 

well before I even knew that much about any of them.


Pont is?

I knew I was right all along.

Regardless of what anybody else was saying.

It's been proven true.

(I'll be waiting for the better explanation BTW)


So?

How long would you work for the same $ twice?

Me personally?

I decided about 7 years was enough.


I mean,

 imagine a world

where you paid off 

house loans, 

property loans, 

student loans etc. 

for generations of families.


Would you really be worried about a $200 utility bill?

Or would you know in your heart 

it's time to move forward from a given situation 

that is currently in transition?


I think I could pretty well guess everybody's response to that last question.



Just a few more things 

and an analogy (Of course :-) 

and then I'll wrap up.

Its just easier to write sometimes knowing people are going to see and read things.

It takes the emotions out of what could be an intense situation and lets people review and 'absorb" 

(for lack of a better word)

 on their own level of understanding etc.


Did Moses have to become a slave?

Or did he freely choose to live the life of one?


Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter” 

(Heb. 11:24)

This decision was an act of faith. 

He chose to leave his royal privilege in Egypt and identify with the Israelite slaves 

(Ex. 1:8–14).


I've said before;

What is going on RN?

Is the bookending of the Moses saga.


From the mighty to poor?

equates to 

from poor to mighty.


Did John the Baptist have to go to the desert?

I mean was he forced?

Or did he like Moses,

know what God wanted from him and offered his servitude to the lord?


I just read (not all that long ago) every verse about John the Baptist in the bible, 

both verses that were explicit and implied. 

I must have read them all 6 or 7 times.

Nowhere does it say he was forced to live the life he chose.

Nobody went out to him

 and told him 

not to call the religious establishment of the day 

a den of snakes either.

But I digress :-).


I have freely chose the life I have been living.


How we live our lives is a choice we are given.

(He didn't have to say yes:-), 

I heard in a sermon a lil while back :-).


Some may willingly choose an austere lifestyle of Asceticism,

while others may choose a lifestyle of business.


( Daniel 12:4

"...even to the time of the end: 

many shall run to and fro...)


I cant do the later 

anymore any more than most could do the former.

 So whats the difference really?


Part of my sin 

and the part that I have struggled with the most

 is in trying:

NOT TO FEEL ENTITLED.


But when you have given so much?

 To so many?

 And expect so lil in return?

And then people dont even want to give you that?

It's a challenging proposition to say the least,

and I apologize to all those 

with whom I've came across

with that type of attitude 

in my mind 

and I hope they can see fit to forgive me.


Alright

You be the guy...


Remember the stress you felt about your wedding?


try and be us/me for a second :-).


Thank goodness for God's grace granting clemency is all I can say.

If God gives it to his servants?

Surely his Holy people can as well.


Okay :-).

Now the analogy part :-).

My forte :-).


Imagine a guy, very wealthy, 

I mean he's making it faster than he can spend it or give it away.

And it's like he is hosting a poker game in his house.

(sorry, it's just the best example I could come up with :-).

I mean this guy is so wealthy he has his own ATM set up in his mancave/clubhouse etc where they have been playing poker for years now.

He always tells everybody on arrival, 

"go get your $100 and have a seat at the table."

Everybody plays with house $.

Everybody wins every time.

Playing with house $ etc.

Because it's not about winning $.

It's about having a good time

being guys,

cutting up, laughing

telling stories

eating good food, 

maybe a drink of two, smoke cigars etc :-), figure it out :-)

 Farting etc...

Just guys night.

Everybody wins every time, 

for years on end now.


Then?

Then one day late in the game?

Almost over.

And the host of the game?


He draws a Royal Flush 

that he always knew was coming.


(Not when it was coming, 

just that he was assured 

of it's coming someday.)


Nobody stands a chance of beating him.

So he calls everybody 

and everybody at the table folds.

(I haven't even played enough poker to know if I got that right or not BTW :-).


He rakes in his pot, 

(the biggest in this games history BTW)

His recompense as it were, 

materially and heavenly 

for all eternity.


And then he makes the following announcment:


"Thats it.

Not only are we done playing for tonight?

But 

there will be no more game 

hosted at this home ever again.


Ask yourself:

Do the players at the table have any right to complain about not receiving any more of something they didn't deserve to start with?


I think we all know the answer.


Hopefully my sister in Christ :-)

That helps to explain a few things.


But this guy?

Look at this guy.

Look at those eyes.




He's not worried about:


Food

Electric

a "job".


He's ready to perform miracles 

in front of others 

just like he told people about years ago.


What do you honestly think is gonna trouble him at this point?


PS I never expected or wanted any pity or sympathy, when I had to work?

I did. All I ever wanted was respect and loyalty for giving Gods grace to others they didn't ever really deserve to start with.

Sometimes?

Sometimes it seems like it's a tall order to expect from people.










No comments: